Since I wrote about Adam last time, I thought I'd put a little bit down about our equally funny, completely imcomparable GENEVIEVE! We affectionately refer to her as "Sunshine Chatterbox" because she can often be found following us around chattering away about this, that and the other. (I know many of you who know ME are thinking, "Now that is a chip off Lily's block." Well, she is...)
The other day I go into the kitchen and I see her pouring herself some milk. She has a furrowed brow and a scowl as she is seriously concentrating on not spilling. I hear her chanting something, so I get closer so I can hear what she is saying. I finally determine she is repeating over and over the phrase, "Focus, Genevieve, just focus...you can soooooo do this." I about laughed my head off when I heard that. THAT is our little Genevieve in a nutshell. Never predictable, always a laugh and quite the little comedian.
The thing that most tells you about Genevieve is when we were walking up the stairs the other day and she was following me up carrying some toys. She gets to the top of the stairs and with a serious look says, "Mom, when I get grown up and become a Mom, do I get to have a huge bum just like you?" I am mortified that she has discovered the secret that I work so hard to try and hide...I have a HUGE BUM!!! I looked at her and I asked, "Do you think Moms are supposed to have huge bums?" She answers, "Of course...that is what makes you soooooooooo great!" Talk about turning a negative into a positive. At that moment, she almost made my huge bum feel purposeful and important.
When we thought about having kids years ago, I always envisioned these cute, almost quiet little darlings who walk around doing everything I say with enthusiasm and calm gratitude. WHO WAS I KIDDING??? HAVE I MET MYSELF??? My kids are totally the perfect cross-section between the two of us. Funny, feisty and full of life. No quiet, super shy kids in this bunch. I used to be sad that we have only been able to have a small family; however, with kids that are more like 2 or 3 people worth of energy and thoughts, perhaps I do have 4 kids out of my 2.
Despite the surprises and all the fun, I am so glad that they are mine. I wouldn't have it any other way! Do I sound like a proud Mom? SUPER...because I truly am blessed. I think of their futures (a huge bum for Gev and all) and I can't wait to see what adventures these two amazing individuals have in store for us! I am stocking up popcorn and soda so I can just buy a ticket and sit back and enjoy the show. Wow, what Mother could ask for more?
OUR DARLINGS
The ORIGINAL Thing 1 and Thing 2!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(19)
-
▼
July
(15)
- TUBE BULLY!!!
- That's MUSIC to my EARS!!!
- Yes, it's a PARTY!!!
- If It's NOT SCOTTISH...it's CRAP!!! (Original Post...
- IT'S JUST HAIR...RIGHT??? (Original Post: June 8, ...
- THEN and NOW (Original Post: May 28, 2008)
- "Can we go to SUBWAY???" (Original Post: May 28, 2...
- The TOOTHLESS Wonder - AKA Snaggle-Tooth (Original...
- Self-Portrait (Original Post: Apr 8, 2008)
- TRULY DISTURBING!!! (Original Post: Apr 7, 2008)
- The FUTURE In View... (Original Post: Apr 3, 2008)
- The CHEF is in the house!!! (Original Post: Mar 2...
- She's Just A FREE SPIRIT! (Original Post: Mar 10, ...
- Our Little Business Man (Original Post: Mar 5, 2008)
- Okay, it's about time! (Original Post: Feb 15, 2008)
-
▼
July
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment