




Many of you may recall back in the day on SNL, Mike Myers used to do a skit called, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!" Well, we experienced our own version of that this weekend at the SCOTTISH FESTIVAL.
Since Aaron went on his mission to Scotland YEARS ago, we try to do Scottish stuff periodically to help remind him of the place he lived for two years. Here is a breakdown, by person, of the event:
Since Aaron went on his mission to Scotland YEARS ago, we try to do Scottish stuff periodically to help remind him of the place he lived for two years. Here is a breakdown, by person, of the event:
Genevieve - So funny eating ice cream and getting it everywhere (she is the MESSY one). She asked my why so many men were in skirts and if she could have a kilt. She spent MOST of her time in the jogging stroller since she is easily tuckered out having to walk for more than a few minutes (yes, folks, we have a DIVA in the making). She is so fun to take out to places because she is always so amused and amazed by everything that is new. Gev chose a dalmation marionette as her souvenir, thus emphasizing her OVERWHELMING love of dogs. Too bad Aaron and I are both ALLERGIC!!!
Adam - It's really ALL about the FOOD!!! About EVERY 10 MINUTES, the words most often uttered by Adam were, "I'M HUNGRY!!!" He would act as if his stomach was about to collapse from hunger and whine a lot. We never get to see as much as we would like to at events because we have to keep our son fed the whole time. In the future, we are going to have to take out a second mortgage on our home to afford his food bill! He loved the HUGE turkey drumstick and EVEN shared a little with me (I couldn't resist...it reminded me of the ones from the State Fair of Texas)!!! He also got a dinosaur marionette. It is cool, but sure gets tangled up a lot (like I don't have enough to do without untangling that thing all the time...YIKES)!
Lily - Yes, I love all things Scottish, so this was not just a pleasant experience...I REALLY looked forward to it! I love Medieval history, so this was a super family outing. I love being with my kids and Aaron while we peruse fun vendor tents, each a bunch of BAD FOR YOU food and laugh about all the things we find funny. Although at times the potty breaks, pleas for food and applying sunscreen can get bothersome, overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!! I REALLY, REALLY dig BAGPIPES! Even though I am not Scottish, I would like BAGPIPES at my funeral (I just think they sound magestic).
Aaron - It is MAINLY about the weapons for him. He spent about 45 minutes walking back and forth sizing up this one sword (a REAL, BATTLE-READY sword made of AMAZING steel). He must have picked it up a dozen or more times. I FINALLY told him we were moving on and that he should have it wrapped up for Father's Day. Thank heaven we were procrastinating this year and hadn't purchased him anything yet (we just made him a video of the kids telling him what they love about him). He truly found what he wanted and it is a COOL sword (amazingly balanced, the proper height and VERY MANLY). Now we just have to get him a scabbard for his back and he will look the part of the Highland Warrior. Hmmmm...if only our sales team could see him now!!!
All in all, we had a SUPER time. The weather was 74 degrees, the sun was shining and we were there until the fireworks closed out the event. It pays off to "stop and smell the roses" together as a family often. Now who says FHE has to be boring??? "Not I", says the wee bairn.
1 comment:
LOVE your posts!!! HOW did you get all 5 pictures side-by-side like that on blogspot? I wanna do that too!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family! And it looks like y'all have a BLAST together! That deserves a CONGRATULATIONS! :)
Post a Comment